Sunday, January 8, 2012

Welcoming 2012

As the calendar turned from 2011 to 2012, a lot of people immediately proclaim new an exciting resolutions. I like to wait a little while to put mine on paper, and when I do, I make sure to use pencil. A New Years resolution is more of something I want to work on, not something where if I don't accomplish it will make it a failure. Here are some things that I look forward to accomplishing in 2012:

1. Spend as much time as possible with my favorite two people (Kim & Charlie)!

What better way to ring in the New Year than with these two!

2. Run another half-marathon (already signed up for the Portland Half-Marathon in October). Part of this will be to keep a regular training routine with shorter runs during lunch at work, and longer training runs during the weekend.

3. Eat healthy (portions, portions, portions!)

4. No wasted days (you only live once, right?)

5. Stop and smell the roses (work can get pretty stressful during the season, but there is always time to stop, take a deep breath, and realize that everything will get done).

6. Be more patient (always a work in progress for me).

7. Continue to learn about becoming a better husband and a better father.

8. Put more importance on all the good things I have going on in my life, and don't put too much energy into worrying about what I don't have.

[Editors Note...the following have been added since writing my original resolutions]

9. Go for at least one long hike this summer.

10. Go camping.

11. Take Charlie and Kim to Pullman for a Cougar football game.

12. Continue to explore the Washington Craft Beer scene (safely and moderately of course).

13. Work on my posture!

14. Visit family and friends in Yakima...and taste hops and grapes!

There are a lot more things I look forward to in 2012. I would like to take the rust off my golf swing (and clubs), finish rehabilitating the fence in our backyard, continue to spend quality time with our new friends in the PEPS Group and work on some projects at my parents house to help them out a little more.

We are only 8 days into the new year, and I already feel great about what is ahead of me. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment