Friday, December 30, 2011

The New Fence

We came home for a few minutes Christmas morning before heading down to Gig Harbor, and right when we walked in the door, the power went out. It was raining pretty hard and the wind was gusting like I had never seen before. As we got our bags ready for the second leg of our Christmas journey, I looked out one of our back windows to find this...


I had to do a double-take, as that isn't a view I was used to seeing. And I immediately thought, how am I going to approach fixing the fence if I've never met that neighbor (after 2 1/2 years).

Well, it turns out my neighbor was out inspecting the damage, so I went out to meet him and talk about how to fix the fence. He was great, talked about when we could start, how we could split the costs and a few other things.

I have never fixed or had anything to do with fencing before, so I knew this would be a challenge. The hardest part for me is just knowing what supplies you'll need, and having the confidence when you go into the hardware store to get the supplies.

My neighbor's son helped us dig out the old/rotted-out post and then we preceded to replace the two blown down sections of fence, and an additional two sections of fence that were probably next to fall victim to mother nature.

Here is a progression of the fence project and the final product. I aim to replace the additional old sections by this summer.





The finished product

My summer project

A truckload goes to the dump

No comments:

Post a Comment