Monday, December 19, 2011

Why I Don't Bet

Besides the fact that I would never bet on sports due to my job, this is just a good reminder that any fantasy league or pick 'em league (involving an entry fee) is just a waste of my time.

My good friend and colleague Ryan Divish set up a College Bowl Game Pick'em league. It was free (which is the right price for me) and I thought it may make me more interested in the early bowl games that often go unnoticed. On Saturday the first three bowl games kicked off, and I tuned in sparingly to see how my picks went. Well, you guessed it. I was a miraculous 0-for-3 for the New Orleans Bowl (picked San Diego State, LA Lafayette won 32-30), Idaho Potato Bowl (picked Utah State, Ohio won 24-23) and the New Mexico Bowl (picked Wyoming, Temple won 37-15). I have 32 more bowl games to see how I did, but I am not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment